Ing-Ind/07 Aerospace propulsion
The sector studies the various aspects that contribute to the research, development, manufacture, use and performance of propulsion systems in the aeronautical and space sector. Over the years, this complex of disciplines has assumed an increasing importance and a distinct specificity in the aerospace sector, also due to the growing need for integration between propulsion and other aspects of the aerospace vehicle design. The skills of the sector concern the fundamental aspects of the chemical-physical processes involved; the operating principles of the different types of engines; design, technological and plant engineering aspects; aspects related to performance evaluation and criteria for the use of different types of engines; measurement and testing techniques. These aspects must be covered with reference to the different types of engines currently used or proposed in the aeronautical, trans-atmospheric and space fields.
Teachers and researchers of the Sector
- Francesco Nasuti - Professore Ordinario
- Mauro Valorani - Professore Ordinario
- Daniele Bianchi - Professore Associato
- Francesco Creta - Professore Associato
- Pietro Paolo Ciottoli - Ricercatore t.d.
- Pasquale Eduardo Lapenna - Ricercatore t.d.
- Mario Tindaro Migliorino - Ricercatore t.d.
- Simone Carpenella - Assegnista
- Simone D'Alessandro - Assegnista
- Giuseppe Indelicato - Assegnista
- Lorenzo Palmese - Assegnista
- Dario Salzano - Assegnista
- Felix Weber - Assegnista
Presentation of the main results of recent research activities