Ing-Ind/17 Industrial Mechanical Systems Engineering
The sector studies the general methodologies and criteria that govern the planning, design, construction and management of industrial plants (or production systems). The sector comprises the following main areas: analysis and design of industrial plants, including feasibility study, choice of location and economic evaluation of the initiative; analysis and design of general plant services, including technical-economic optimisation methods; analysis and design of production processes and technologies; analysis, ergonomic design and safety of production systems; production system management, including quality and maintenance management; industrial plant logistics, including material handling and management; automation of production systems, including cost-efficiency analysis of integrated and flexible systems and industrial instrumentation for automatic process control.
Teachers and researchers of the Sector
- Giulio Di Gravio - Professore Ordinario
- Massimo Tronci - Professore Ordinario
- Francesco Costantino - Professore Associato
- Lorenzo Fedele - Ricercatore
- Riccardo Patriarca - Ricercatore t.d.
- Arie Henri G Adriaensen - Assegnista
- Andrea Falegnami - Assegnista
- Alessandro Pompei - Assegnista
Presentation of the main results of recent research activities